Manure Tea is an all-natural fertilizer/soil conditioner for your garden and houseplants.
Authentic Haven Brand Manure Tea is a little different. It's sun-dried manure packaged in an environmentally safe large tea bag. The manure is processed from horses, cows, and alfalfa. And it's very easy to use. No need to even use gloves, because your hands will never touch the bag if you handle it with the label string. I filled a 5 gallon bucket with water, dropped a tea bag in, and waited three days. I chose to leave my bucket in the basement on a cement floor (didn't want to risk any drips getting on the main floor since I didn't know what I was doing at first.) You could leave it in the garage or a storage shed/barn. What you get in the three days time is a light brown liquid that looks like tea. Afraid of the manure odor? No worries here. The fragrance is very light and reminded me more of the barn from my neighbor's farm.
I have to admit to taking the bucket outside to fill my watering cans, especially the smaller ones for the house. I wasn't sure of it at that point, but there was really nothing to fear at all.
I watered all of my deck plants, the fern at my front door, my zinnias along the driveway, and a few house plants. It really went a long way.
It wasn't long when everything seemed to perk up and take notice. If you saw my last post, you've already seen the zinnias; they're doing very well. The fern at the front entrance was just hanging in there at first but not getting any larger until I used Manure Tea. Now it's huge!
Authentic Brand Manure Tea can be used safely on all of your herbs, vegetables, gardens, and even your lawn. Authentic Haven Brand also offers an Alfalfa Tea that does wonders for roses. Manure tea is great for composting, too, as it speeds up the process with its beneficial microbes. Use it as a foliage spray for indoor plants, or add a teaspoon of the tea to the vase of fresh cut flowers!
I have to say, I am really impressed with this cute and easy way of using manure -- and I didn't even get my hands dirty.
Did I get your curiosity up? Enter to win a 3-pack of Manure Tea of your own to try!
Here's how to enter:
If you subscribe in more than one way, leave a separate comment for each.
1. Leave a comment after visiting the Authentic Haven Brand web site about something you learned there..
2. For a second chance to win, sign up as an e-mail subscriber with Feedburner, Feed Blitz, or become a Google Follower (see sidebar.)
3. For a third chance to win, blog, Tweet, or Facebook about this contest with a link here.
4. For a fourth chance to win, subscribe to the Authentic Haven Brand newsletter in the sidebar of their page.
5. If you're not a blogger, be sure to leave your contact e-mail address like this to avoid spammers: pianananna(at)gmail(dot)com. If I don't have a way to reach you or you don't respond in three days, your name will be disqualified, and I will choose again, picking my favorite answer.
Open to US residents only, 18+.
Winners will be chosen by random.org.
Email addresses will not be shared with any third parties.
This Giveaway ends Saturday, August 27, 2011 at midnight at midnight ET.
Authentic Haven Brand provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it; nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.