I have a new giveaway for you! A Gardening Calendar & Almanac.
This, folks, is not your average gardening calendar with pretty pictures of flowers and vegetables. This calendar is actually a how-to manual chocked full of information, some of it very new to me. Opposite of the monthly page is a very informative page introducing ideas for new and old gardeners alike.
Each page of the month functions as a usual calendar with the moon cycles and holidays marked in. But the zodiac signs are also placed on every date of the month. Part of this teaching plan is called "Planting by Signs." It introduces the age-old concept of planting according to the cycle of the moon -- depending on if the moon is waxing or waning determines when you plant and harvest.
Some other information you can glean here is improving your soil, composting, companion planting, fall vegetable planting, and planning your garden.
If you're fairly new to vegetable gardening, this little book disguised as a calendar, is a great way to glean a lot of knowledge.
Yes, I know the year is over halfway through, but in this giveaway you will not only receive a hard copy of the 2011 calendar but also a code so you can download a 2012 copy! There's a lot to learn about Fall Planting yet this year and you could also be very well-prepared for Spring.
So here's how you can win The Gardening Calendar and Almanac for yourself!
Here's how to enter:
If you subscribe in more than one way, leave a separate comment for each.
1. Leave a comment after visiting the Gardening Calendar web site about something you learned after browsing their Sample Pages or tell me about your latest vegetable gardening experience.
2. For a second chance to win, sign up as an e-mail subscriber with Feedburner, Feed Blitz, or become a Google Follower (see sidebar.)
3. For a third chance to win, blog, Tweet, or Facebook about this contest with a link back here.
4. For a fourth chance to win, sign up to Follow The Gardening Calendar on Twitter at the bottom of their page.
5. If you're not a blogger, be sure to leave your contact e-mail address like this to avoid spammers: pianananna(at)gmail(dot)com. If I don't have a way to reach you or you don't respond in three days, your name will be disqualified, and I will choose again, picking my favorite answer.
Open to US residents only, 18+.
Winners will be chosen by random.org.
Email addresses will not be shared with any third parties.
This Giveaway ends on August 10, 2011 at midnight ET.
The Gardening Calendar and Almanac provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose; nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.