My daylilies have just a bloom or two left to give. This year they gave me happiness even in this very hot and humid summer. I found wonder and awe once again with the hardiness of this wonderful plant. They also left me with STAINS! Lots of them. I think every piece of clothing I have is stained. Spent daylily blooms are juicy and wet, and they mark everything they touch.
I have several articles of clothing I use just for the garden but once in a while I take a stroll with my "going away" clothes on and, oops, just the slightest bump. and they it is. A mark that will last forever. Or will it?
A few weeks ago I was given the opportunity to try Tropical Traditions Oxygen Bleach. I washed clothing that has had stains on them all summer, most were gone on the first washing; some had just faded but on the second washing were almost gone. My favorite pair of white pants were almost ready to go into the recycle bin, but now I cam wear them once again in public.
Tropical Traditions Oxygen Bleach is safe on colors, fabrics, and even people, and it does not harm our planet. It does not contain chlorine, phosphates, nitrates, or acids!
Some other suggested uses are for carpets, upholstery, bath, and pet areas. Clean your lawn furniture or wood decks with no worries. We tried it in our decorative pond and fountain. It worked just great to clarify the water, and we felt so much better about using it than the chemical products that are suggested to keep the algae away.
Tropical Traditions would like you to have a chance to try their product so they are giving away a 6 lb. container of their bleach. This is a $30 retail value. Here's how to enter.
1. Leave a comment after visiting the Tropical Traditions web site about how you would use one of their cleaning products...
2. For a second chance to win, sign up as an e-mail subscriber with Feedburner, Feed Blitz, or become a Google Follower (see sidebar.) Then leave a second comment telling me you have subscribed or that you are already a subscriber.
If you subscribe in more than one way, leave a separate comment for each.
3. For a third chance to win, blog or Tweet about this contest with a link here, then come back and leave another comment telling me about it.
4. For a fourth chance to win, subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Sales Newsletter, then come back and tell me that you have done that.
5. If you're not a blogger, be sure to leave your contact e-mail address like this to avoid spammers: pianananna(at)gmail(dot)com. If I don't have a way to reach you or you don't respond in three days, your name will be disqualified, and I will choose again, picking my favorite answer.
Open to US and Canada residents only, 18+.
Winners will be chosen by random.org.
Email addresses will not be shared with any third parties.
This Giveaway ends on Thursday, August 19, 2010 at midnight ET.
Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose; nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.