There's nothing better than a nice bar of soap. Tropical Traditions makes a variety of soaps from organic virgin coconut oil with essential oils added. Why would I tell you this on my garden blog?
Well, here's is what I discovered. One of the bars is scented with essential Tea Tree oil. Tea tree is a natural insect repellent; it repels mosquitoes, fleas, black flies, ticks, and noseeums. I discovered that if I showered with this soap before going out in my garden, I was much more comfortable. The mosquito slapping was gone, and that's a relief. I could concentrate on deadheading my daylilies. Tea Tree also is said to soothe bites and stings and has analgesic qualities so it works as a pain killer. I think it would do well to shower after working in the garden, also.
These Tropical Traditions bars of soap create a surprising lather, thick and rich. I think this is pretty unusual for herbal soaps. I tried the lavender bar soap for my daily hand use and love the scent -- I've always been partial to lavender anyway. I've never used a shampoo bar before, and I'm quite surprised at how much I like it. It too lathers up nicely and rinses easily. The soap bar does not fade your haircolor, and as far as I'm concerned that's a very good thing. It has a gentle natural patchouli scent which I like but it reminds me of another "herb" that I don't really want people to associate with me. I'll have to wait to see if I get any reactions.
Tropical Traditions is offering to give 4 bars of soap to one winner; one Tea Tree, one Lavender, one Unscented, and one Shampoo. This wonderful grouping retails for approximately $28! So get in here and enter! Here's how.
1. Leave a comment after visiting the Tropical Traditions web site about something new you learned there..
2. For a second chance to win, sign up as an e-mail subscriber with Feedburner, Feed Blitz, or become a Google Follower (see sidebar.) Then leave a second comment telling me you have subscribed or that you are already a subscriber.
If you subscribe in more than one way, leave a separate comment for each.
3. For a third chance to win, blog or Tweet about this contest with a link here, then come back and leave another comment telling me about it.
4. For a fourth chance to win, subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Sales Newsletter, then come back and tell me that you have done that.
5. If you're not a blogger, be sure to leave your contact e-mail address like this to avoid spammers: pianananna(at)gmail(dot)com. If I don't have a way to reach you or you don't respond in three days, your name will be disqualified, and I will choose again, picking my favorite answer.
6. Hositng a giveaway yourself? Enter it on my Giveaway Linky found in the top bar, come back and tell me about it for another chance to win!
Open to US and Canada residents only, 18+.
Winners will be chosen by random.org.
Email addresses will not be shared with any third parties.
This Giveaway ends on July 19, 2010 at midnight EDT.
Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose; nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
Please make your car a NO PHONE ZONE!Don't forget to visit An Herbal Bedfellow for healthy recipes made with herbs, and also my newest blog:Bits, Tales, and Yarns - my newest writing adventure.