Saturday, February 7, 2009
I'm Am Humbled and Honored
Almost two weeks ago I was very honored to have been given the Proximity Award by my dear blogger friend Bebe at Peaches and Dreams. Bebe has been a long time visitor at my sites and I on hers. We have a lot in common and that I've found is the fun of blogging. Sometimes you long for that perfect friend who likes all of the same things you do. Blogger friends can be that very special friend because we never find any of their faults and only see their goodness. Bebe is just such a person, and believe me, she is loaded with good qualities and Southern charm.
More about the award ~ "This blog invests and believes in the Proximity ~ nearness in space, time, and relationships. These blogs are extremely charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
I've felt badly for not acting on this sooner but I wanted to savor it a little and also to choose my recipients carefully. I've decided to select a variety of my blogging friends; some new, some old, gardening, cooking, foreign, and domestic.
1. Sheila at Quintessential Magpie - South USA. She's always right there, a real reader (not a scanner) and ready to leave a comment of encouragement and fun.
2. Mildred at Nalley Valley - Georgia. Mildred and I share a love of antiques, gardening and herbs. I always enjoy her comments.
3.Cathy at Outside In I've recently discovered Cathy's blog and I really enjoy reading about indoor plants. I find her blog refreshing, taking me back to the days when my house was crammed with indoor plants.
4. My Mother's Garden Florida. This blog has fantastic photos and fabulous garden art. Such creativity amazes me. You might enjoy a visit to her Etsy Store.
5. flowrgirl at Live to Garden- Michigan. I couldn't leave a fellow Michigander off the list. Flowrgirl is a newbie since January '09, but you sure can't tell it. She has a variety of interesting posts, that keeps me coming back, plus she like daylilies.too.
6. Tyra at The Greenhouse in Tyra's Garden- Sweden. I've enjoyed Tyra's blog for years. We started out about the same time and I was fascinated with gardens in other countries. Her blog has always been classy and tasteful.
7. Lucy at Loose and Leafy - England. Lucy's blog is again in another country across the ocean and that is what makes this Proximity Award so special. The Internet has brought us all closer and allowed us to make friends around the world. I've enjoyed getting to know Lucy and her garden.
8. The Soup-aholic is a favorite cooking blog. I visit often even though I don't have time to always leave a comment, and for that I apologize. Her recipes have me salivating by just reading them. I always find a new and exciting soup to try.
So go forth and spread the award. Or if you feel that you don't wish to partake, please accept my award with no strings attached. You all deserve it !
Don't forget to visit An Herbal Bedfellow for healthy recipes made with herbs, and also my newest blog:
Happenstance House -- A journal about my Victorian home and all of it's contents.